Sunday, November 05, 2006

Counting down

Aaaaaagh, I have to WAIT to get my hamsters!

I have decided upon a pair of Chinese hamsters, and I have contingency plans for when I leave Mexico. However, I really don't want lots of little hamsters, so they have to be del mismo sexo.

I went to the hamster shop yesterday, and it was closed. Possessing my soul in patience for an hour or so was bad enough.

When the shop did open, I went in and explained that I would like two of the same sex. Man catches first hamster, and turns it upside down. It's a girl. Ditto second hamster. It's a boy. No more hamsters.

So now I have to wait til Tuesday. I may have died of impatience by then. The really annoying thing is that when I first saw them on Thursday he had three.

On an entirely different note, I just googled 'possess' to make sure I was spelling it right, and this website came up second. Given that it is real it is really quite scary, but, also, hilarious (and arguably my sense of humour is slightly skewed).

Remember kids,
Demon Possession is very much alive in this Century and this country...And we're not talking about eating contaminated grain, either!

10 Comments:

At 8:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Eloise - was on the phone when I read the link to the demon possession page and ended up screeching like a banshee because of a misapprehension on my part. At the bottom of the page it says "Your Right to Know the Facts before You Kill Your Baby": I thought that meant "read this tome on demon so that, before you kill your baby, you know whether it's demon-possessed or not". Could just be me....

I feel your hamster-pain though :(

 
At 6:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hamsters are wonderful - I'm so excited for you! They have very cute feet. However be careful of getting a girl-hamster from a shop where they keep the boys and girls together... I did that and ended up with a pre-impregnated female who ate her babies. Can hamster babies be demon-possessed?

 
At 1:13 pm, Blogger Eloise said...

Gemma, the image of you screaming like a banshee is very vivid for me. Your misapprehension is very funny - made me laugh much like one possessed, in fact - and, if I may say so, quite characteristic...

Josie, I suspect it may have been your mother hamster who was demon-possessed, if she ate her babies... It is good advice you give, but I fear it may be unavoidable, as pet shops here aren't so careful about these things. However, since the man in the pet shop (more of a pet shack, actually) said he wouldn't have them til Tuesday, I infer that they will still be quite little.

One day to go. Excited noises altogether now please!

 
At 1:20 pm, Blogger Eloise said...

Eee, maybe maybe my hamsters will be teenage single mothers?

 
At 6:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my holy flutes, there is some scary stuff on the internet. I am astounded at just how mental people can be.
I hope you get some (non demon possessed) hamsters very soon.
I'm going to eat my lunch now, which may or may not include either cheese or babies ;-)

 
At 4:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Tuesday, it's 18:00ish in Mexico - WHERE ARE THE HAMSTERS??

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger Eloise said...

Gemma, trust me, the hamsters were in my posession by 18.00 on Tuesday! I think you've got the time difference wrong - it's six hours.

 
At 10:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, realised that as soon as I'd posted - meant to write 16:00, muppet that I am. Soooo: HAMSTERS! How are mother and babies?

 
At 10:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I have been incommunicado (spelled wrong?) for ages my laptop is playing up... Glad you are happily hamstered... but sorry you are turning into an amoeba (this can't be good). Found any more salsa music recently? You should get Marc Anthony's greatest hits in Spanish - Sigo Siendo Yo - Grandes exitos) and dance around to the salsa version of tu amor me hace bien, its fab and thats what I've been doing all week xxx

 
At 11:24 am, Blogger Eloise said...

Gemma, if only you knew...

Post on hmaster saga to follow soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home