Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Could I just say...

... I fucking hate answerphones.

I got an email today, having given up hope, saying they would like to interview me for my dream job.

Also, could I call back as soon as possible.

So I called, and got an answerphone, it being after working hours in the UK. And so I left a message, in which I fell over my words because I was so nervous, forgot what I was going to say, and generally made a complete tit of myself.

wOOt.

Afterwards the trembling, then the tears. The first time I saw this job I couldn't sleep for thinking about it. Every time I read the advert again it set my mind racing. I sweated blood into the application. It is a complete one-off and it would be completely perfect for me. In short, I have never been so excited about a job opportunity. When I thought I hadn't been shortlisted I was pretty sad about it, but now that I know have a chance I am utterly terrified.

I never know what my answer would be to the question what's your biggest fear? but i think I've just realised: fucking up.

I shall now be spending the next few days telling myself how completely awesome I am. This does not come naturally.

3 Comments:

At 6:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you've got an interview!! Big well done to you, that's awesome .)
When is it - phone or for real?

I'm sure it's scary, but I'm also sure you've got ideas that can impress them, so go for it! xxx

 
At 2:36 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did the interview go? My answer to THAT question is also the same as yours! Hope it went wonderfully and that is the reason for no posts for a while...

 
At 2:56 pm, Blogger Eloise said...

Thank you for asking! The short answer is not as well as it might have done. The long answer is to come, I hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home