Monday, April 28, 2008

Onboard entertainment

My journey to work this morning by taxi (shuttup... I was running late and unshowered due to not knowing about pumping water into the tank when there isn't any water and it's bloody Monday) reached new levels of horrifyingness when I noticed that the driver had a small TV (not a DVD player, an actual TV, with an aerial wire going up to the roof) mounted in the space in front of the gearstick. And we were driving along the highway. And it was on.

I can handle seeing bus and taxi drivers with a little TV for when they're not going anywhere. I can handle - mostly I enjoy - them blasting out loud music. But high-octane breakfast TV while driving... even though I love how relaxed Mexico is, that makes me shudder. It IS quite hilarious though.

2 Comments:

At 2:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to see a picture of the taxi, or bus mentioned in a previous post. My image of Mexico is seriously influenced by your blog - it 'looks' fantastic!

 
At 4:19 pm, Blogger Eloise said...

Damn, I didn't think to take a picture in the taxi! I did (self-consciously) snap one of the bus though, when I got on the same one on a second occasion. My personal computer and the internet are not currently intersecting, but I hope I'll be able to post some pictures soon - thanks for the request!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home