Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Just me and my willie

Tonight, Willie Colon is coming to my backwater nowhere-special town and playing - for free - as part of this week's music and cultural festival, the one big event of the year here. Willie Colon is one of the world's greatest and most famous salsa musicians and singers - ask someone who knows about salsa to name five great salseros and he's likely to be amongst them; buy a salsa compilation CD and he'll be on there - and it is absolutely incredible to me that he is actually going to be here. I love his music, and, of course, wild horses couldn't keep me away.

BUT, none of my friends will come with me. A couple would come but are unavoidably busy, but a whole group of them have decided to go to the cinema. And MCDONALDS.

That's right, they chose Hollywood shite and nasty evil-corporate junkfood, available any day of the week and anywhere in the world, over the (only) event of the year, crowds, excitement, all manner of delicious Mexican foodstuffs, and WILLIE COLON live, for FREE! How is that possible? I don't know how anyone can be so irredeemably RUBBISH... let alone a sizeable chunk of the people I think of as my friends.

So, having vented my spleen a little, I'm off out now. On my own. And I'm feeling rather blue. Let's hope the music lifts my spirit rather than just emphasising that I've no-one to enjoy it with.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the concert? I cannot honestly believe that anyone would choose McDonalds over a night of free live music. I hope that having vented your spleen before you went you had your spirits lifted and enjoyed a great night.

Also glad the hamsters are doing well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home