Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Incidentally,

although I have my blog language set to English (and sometimes Gibberish), the Blogger toolbar at the top usually (though not always) appears to me in Spanish. OK, fair enough, it is magically detecting that I am in Mexico, I can handle that. But today large chunks of the navigation stuff for writing posts, changing settings etc (though not all of it) has started appearing in German.

German is rather phasing stuff. I am rather phased. And linguistically confused.

(I am also a bit pleased that today, in Spanish, I:
- made a joke at a meeting with more than a dozen people present. A one-word joke, but still.
- had a long conversation about politics and corruption.
- explored the meaning of some Mexican slang. ("Cabron". Don't ask, it's confusing.)
- cheekily teased one of my colleagues/friends.
I may even be smug. But it won't last long - until my next moment of complete non-comprehension - some time tomorrow I expect.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home