Tuesday, September 18, 2007

My favourite thing to do in the rain

Does something you've done twice count as a hobby? If so, one of my favourite hobbies is taking pictures of roses wet with rain on damp afternoons, until the damp turns into drizzle turns back into rain.

I only use my baby point-and-shoot digital camera, but I love these photos, and I don't care how much of a cliche pictures of flowers are. I love the way the roses are all crumpled, tattered and scorched by the rain and the cold weather setting in, and the colours fading and merging in the background. I love crouching in the wet grass and really taking time to look.

So here are roses.









4 Comments:

At 8:22 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.

I have just recently found your blog and am very much enjoying reading. Just wanted to say that these pictures are very nice indeed. Also, I think if you have done something twice and enjoyed, then it can be a hobby.

Sorry, v bad at leaving comments!

James

 
At 5:43 pm, Blogger Eloise said...

Hello James - thank you, and welcome! I haven't yet succumbed to having a stat counter (I think it might just make me sad) so it's nice to know you're reading.

 
At 4:50 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I have just read from the start and feel as though I have been on a rather wonderful journey! I have been uplifted and been happily distracted for over half a working day. The conjoined stick-people totally made be chuckle and I can't get that image from my mind!

I had better get back to my real work but love thinking of Mexican adventures rather than being here in rainy Cheltenham.

James

 
At 2:14 pm, Blogger Eloise said...

I feel a bit guilty for having distracted you from so much work, but it's great to know you have enjoyed reading - thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home